7 Best 4 Stroke Backpack Blower Choices You Have for a Spotless Property
An effortless way to keep your property spotless is by owning a backpack blower. The backpack design is particularly helpful for big jobs and large properties. Mounting an ergonomically balanced blower on your back is easier than lugging around a handheld model.
Another factor is the distinction between 2 and 4 stroke engines. While 4 stroke engines weigh a little more, you do need to mix the gas with 2-stroke oil. Since they’re back-mounted, the size isn’t an issue. Here are 7 of the best 4 stroke backpack blower choices listed in order of cost, starting with the lowest price.
- 1 1. Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC 32cc 4 Stroke Backpack Blower
- 2 2. Makita EB5300WH 4 Stroke Engine Hip Throttle Backpack Blower
- 3 3. Craftsman 32cc 4 Cycle Backpack Blower
- 4 4. Makita 75.6cc MM4 4 Stroke Hip Throttle Backpack Blower
- 5 5. Makita BBX7600N 75.6cc MM4 4 Stroke Engine Backpack Blower
- 6 6. MTD Lawnflite 4 Stroke Backpack Vacuum Blower
- 7 7. Makita Commercial Grade 75.6cc 4 Stroke 195 MPH Backpack Blower
- 8 The Bottom Line
1. Troy-Bilt TB4BP EC 32cc 4 Stroke Backpack Blower
Troy-Bilt produces a number of quality yard tools, including this 4 stroke backpack blower model. The padded back support is ergonomically designed for hours of comfortable operation. The strap configuration balances the weight between your shoulders and hips.
- Wind velocity rating is a maximum of 150 MPH, using an air volume of 500 cubic feet per minute. This is enough force to drive damp leaves and heavy debris out of your way.
- Troy-Bilt included a padded hip belt to help reduce fatigue and back discomfort. The design fits the unique shape of your hips to remove uncomfortable pressure against your body.
- The backpack padding uses a cool-flex material, providing extra air circulation to keep your back cool.
- Link: Troy-Bilt 32cc 4 Stroke Backpack Blower – Model TB4BP EC
- Price: $249.99
2. Makita EB5300WH 4 Stroke Engine Hip Throttle Backpack Blower
This is the smallest 4 stroke backpack blower design manufactured by Makita. Where it saves in size, it does not lose in performance. This smaller model weighs less than 20 pounds but delivers an impressive 184 MPH wind velocity rating.
- There is an extended flex tube so you can maneuver in and around objects and into tight spaces.
- Makita added extra shock absorbing engine mounts between the frame and back support to reduce vibration.
- Makita blower, model EB53000WH, is one of the most energy efficient 4 stroke backpack blower options on the market.
- Link: Makita 4 Stroke Engine Hip Throttle Backpack Blower – Model EB5300WH
- Price: $354.65
3. Craftsman 32cc 4 Cycle Backpack Blower
Craftsman is a popular maker of power tools and yard care equipment. They market an excellent 4 stroke backpack blower. This is the perfect model for the homeowner with frequent cleanup jobs.
- The 4 stroke, 32cc engine produces an efficient max wind speed of up to 150 MPH.
- Craftsman includes 2 precision nozzles to help with pinpoint aim for tight spaces.
- This 4 stroke backpack blower uses Craftsman’s Incredi-Pull starting technology for quick starts with one pull.
- Link: Craftsman 32 Cc 4-cycle Backpack Blower
- Price: $485.98
4. Makita 75.6cc MM4 4 Stroke Hip Throttle Backpack Blower
This is a middle-sized 4 stroke backpack blower manufactured by Makita. Makita produces 4 of the limited number of 4 stroke engine options for backpack blowers. This model meets all the rigid Makita standards for excellence. On top of that, it has an appealing price for the budget conscious homeowner.
- Even though this is marketed as a professional grade homeowners model, it meets commercial-grade standards for performance and reliability.
- There is a hip throttle trigger with cruise control, plus a convenient on/off switch for impeccable safety.
- The engine is 3.8HP power pack that produces a maximum wind velocity of over 200 MPH.
- Link: Makita 75.6cc 4 Stroke Backpack Blower – Model EB7650WH
- Price: $499.00
5. Makita BBX7600N 75.6cc MM4 4 Stroke Engine Backpack Blower
This is a larger Makita model, which meets the same rigid commercial-grade standards. It exceeds EPA exhaust and evaporative emissions standards. Makita installed a convenient, easy-to-change air filter for easier maintenance.
- Makita model number BBX7600N backpack blower has extra padding on the shoulder straps, plus lumbar support for improved comfort.
- This is one of the most compact 4 stroke backpack blower designs, weighing less than 23 pounds.
- There is easy access to the fuel and oil ports for easy fill without the risk of spillage.
- Link: Makita 75.6cc 4 Stroke Engine Backpack Blower – Model BBX7600N
- Price: $745.00
6. MTD Lawnflite 4 Stroke Backpack Vacuum Blower
MTD manufactures one of the limited choices for 4 stroke backpack blower vacuum combinations. All MTD Lawnflite blower models use quality materials and workmanship, giving them commercial-grade durability.
- The harness has extra padding to help improve shoulder comfort. You can use this blower for hours with the confidence your shoulders won’t be worn out.
- The MTD Lawnflite 4 stroke produces an astonishing 240 MPH wind velocity.
- With a floating trigger control, it offers single-hand operation, which makes the vacuum chores a snap.
- Link: MTD Lawnflite 4 Stroke Back Pack Vacuum Blower
- Price: $872.84
7. Makita Commercial Grade 75.6cc 4 Stroke 195 MPH Backpack Blower
The last 4 stroke backpack blower on the list has the highest commercial rating of any blower on the market. While the cost may seem prohibitive for the small homeowner, this blower will handle even the biggest commercial jobs.
- Model BBX7600 has a unique raised throttle. This design is like a small trigger attached to the flex tube. It provides tremendous flexibility to manipulate tight spaces, while keeping your wrist in a relaxed position for big jobs.
- This is the highest rated 4 stroke backpack blower for fuel efficiency. It meets the new, EPA Phase II regulation standards.
- Wind velocity ratings are near 200 MPH, but the noise decibel rating is below 100. That makes this one of the quietest blowers on the market.
- Link: Makita Commercial Grade Backpack Blower – Model BBX7600
- Price: $1,016.00
The Bottom Line
This is a list of the limited options for a quality 4 stroke backpack blower. Depending on the intensity of your jobs and the amount of daily use you expect, this review will help you determine which model will best meet your needs.
Each has a few unique advantages. What they have in common is that they’re all manufactured with a focus on durable quality. If you follow the suggested manufacturer maintenance program, you can’t go wrong with any of the 7 4 stroke backpack blower options on this list. Pick the one that’s right for you so you can effortlessly keep your property spotless.